New 101 Project - Ulterior Ruminations: A Journal About a Geek Life
Dec. 27th, 2013
12:01 am - New 101 Project
Second 101 Things in 1001 Days
April 1, 2011 to December 27, 2013
Reach goal weight of 206 pounds/ 30.4 BMI. (11/3/2011: 204lbs)
2. Reach goal weight of 192 pounds/ 28.4 BMI.
3. Reach goal weight of 178 pounds/ 26.3 BMI.
4. Lose weight to a healthy range. 125 – 169 pounds/ 18.5 – 24.9 BMI
5. Maintain weight within that range when not pregnant.
6. Speed walk or use the glider 3+ times weekly. (103/402)
7. Do yoga twice or more times weekly. (75/268)
8. Do a dance workout one or more times weekly. (53/134)
9. Chart basal temperatures, fertility signs, and mental health symptoms.
10. Fast from processed sugar for one month each year. (0/3)
11. Fast from red meat for one month each year. (0/3)
12. Walk three 5k (or longer) races. (0/3)
13. Get teeth cleaned yearly. (0/3)
14. Get teeth repaired, or onto a repair schedule by working with a dentist.
15. Have yearly eye exams. (0/3)
Grow hair to 36+ inches. (33.75/36-43)
17. Maintain a regular counseling schedule of not less than biweekly meetings.
18. Complete two of my Reading Lists: http://www.listsofbests.com/person/FragileSound
19. Journal updates not less than once per month. (20/33)
20. Join and participate in a book club.
Find a local, live, IRL pagan group to work with monthly.
22. Complete my portion of the weekly chore list every week for a year. (0/52)
42. Watch no TV or home movies while at home for one month.
23. Go to all 10th Group meetings. (0/3 to 6)
24. Participate in at least three 10th events every year. (0/9)
25. Help Dad catalog his collection, including the group property that he is storing.
26. Research a grant opportunity for the 10th group.
27. Write a quarterly column for The Blizzard. (0/12)
28. Write a grant application for the 10th group.
Education & Business
29. Complete the first circle courses with CUEW.
30. Make a decision about the second circle course with CUEW.
31. Become a certified postpartum doula.
32. Find three regular paying Girl Friday/Domestic Service clients. (0/3)
33. Find three doula clients. (0/3)
34. Make one submission for publication every month. (0/33)
35. Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.
Re-read my sign language text.
37. Read one baby sign book.
38. Tag along to one baby-sign class.
39. Do my Berlitz German course.
Trying to Conceive
Chart ferning, basal temperatures, intercourse and fertility signs until CD1 of 06/2011 without adding additional conception aids. If not pregnant by 06/2011, add PreSeed, Instead, guaifenesin, and a sperm count test/booster at three month intervals until pregnancy in achieved. If not pregnant by 06/2012, begin seeking medical assistance.
41. Find a PPD support group to attend.
43. Attend regular La Leche League meetings.
Write at least quarterly letters to my little ones while trying to conceive.
Write weekly (or more) letters to my belly when I am pregnant.
Acquire and Store: Co-sleeper
Acquire and Store: Sling or Ergo.
Acquire and Store: Car seat
49. Acquire and Store: Convertible Crib (Crib to Toddler Bed to Full-sized Bed).
Acquire and Store: Diaper Station. (OK, we don't have it in our house yet, but Grandpa B is making it, so it will happen.)
Acquire and Store: Six size adjustable diaper covers: Rumparoo covers, Flips, or homemade. (10/6: Grasshopper green, zenia, and blue flip; heather grey Tickle Turtle, 2 Rumparoos newborn in tangerine and Whale Tail, 3 econobums, green bamboo by Mandy)
Finance & Legal
52. Buy life insurance for myself and Chris
53. Locate and take steps to resolve all open debts.
54. Make and execute a savings plan for a house down payment.
55. Begin investing for retirement.
56. Make and file a will.
57. Get both of our credit scores above 650.
58. Stick to budget within a reasonable margin of error for entire project.
59. Learn to make good pie crust from scratch.
Learn to cook fish in two healthy ways. (2/2) (Dill and salmon salad: broiled salmon filets with avocado vinagrette)
61. Make my own cheese.
62. Make that lovely Thai sticky rice dessert.
63. Keep freezer stocked with healthy, nukable, pre-portioned meals.
Teach Chris to make 3 new healthy meals. (3/3)
65. Write 365/365 twice.
66. Complete NaNoWriMo or equivalent.
67. Draft one short story every other month (2/16)"Old Money; Old Magic" "Little girl Part 1"
68. Write 33 letters to my penpal. (0/33)
69. Join and participate in a writing group (at least once per month). 0/33)
70. Write 10 letters/emails (not including thank you notes) to Grandma. (0/10)
71. Write 10 letters/emails to Aunt Deb (0/10)
72. Write 5 letters/emails to Beth (0/5)
73. Host three or more parties: dinner, tea, or cocktail. (0/3)
74. Go camping at least once per year. (1/3: Great Sand Dunes Nation Park 7/2011)
75. Go on a self-sufficient backpacking trip for at least three days.
76. Go hiking in every season every year. (1/12)
Take at least one multi-mile, mountainous night hike. Great Sand Dunes Nation Park 7/2011
78. Visit Grandma & Aunt Deborah
79. Visit Robyn, Mike, and the triplets twice. (1/2)June 17-20, 2011 to celebrate the triplets' baptism(s?).
80. Take two trips with Chris that aren't to visit anyone. (1/2: Great Sand Dunes Nation Park 7/2011)
81. Visit Becca.
82. Go to Pridefest yearly. (0/3)
83. Volunteer at Thunder in the Mountains yearly. (1/3)
84. Complete the “Snowy Church” cross stitch.
85. Complete Triplets' Quilts. (1/3: Wade's Jungle Critters)
86. Complete Pirate Princess Quilt.
92. Complete Grandma Quilt
87. Go bungee jumping
88. Go skydiving
89. Go paragliding.
Stabilize loft so it is actually safe.
91. Finish loft with linseed oil, magnet strips, and cork strips.
93. Hang contract in living room.
94. Hang shelves around dining room
95. Refinish bedroom closets with better space usage.
96. Epic feng shui de-clutter in office.
97. Epic feng shui de-clutter in bedroom.
98. Epic feng shui de-clutter in kitchen.
99. Buy cat-friendly privacy window treatment for office/guestroom.
Buy a D’vyne Wrytes 3 ring notebook: 2” binder, black leather, full bound cover with an embossed border.
101. Buy new glasses.